Friday, May 18, 2012

A Rainy Day at the National Museum and a Strawberry foot!

I picked up Bryon and Emily from the airport at about 9 am and after they deposited their luggage at the American School, we headed over to the National Museum.


We went through the excellent Antikythera shipwreck exhibit.





"The Philosopher"

The pretty part was buried in the sand while the ugly part was eaten away by sea organisms

A boxer's hand

Odysseus has seen better days

THE Antikythera mechanism!!

Later that night Cathy, Joseph, and Willah surprised me with a gift of a strawberry foot with chocolate toes ice cream treat. I've been looking for this particular confectionary ice cream since October, all over Greece. It's advertised on ice cream freezers but I had never actually found any in stock. I had mentioned this during our museum adventures the other day and so the kids had been keeping their eye out for me. They are so nice!


the first bite!



No comments:

Post a Comment