Friday, September 9, 2011

I've arrived!


I've arrived at the American School!  My address is:

American School of Classical Studies at Athens
54 Souidias Street
Athens, Greece
GR-106 76

It was quite an experience getting here (OKC -> O'Hare -> Madrid -> Athens) but now I'm happily unpacked, showered, fed (we had delicious Greek food made by Greeks!), and ready for bed.  I learned enough modern Greek on the plane to talk to the taxi driver and tell him where to take me, though he dumped me at a random spot on the curb with only a "this is it" before he left.  I had to carry all my bags up and down the street until I found the right place.  Just means I got some weightlifting in after all the running I did in el aeropuerto de Madrid to catch my flight to Athens.  Fortunately another Regular Member just happened to be coming back as I found the right place and was able to unlock the gate to let me in. Now I've got my own keys and these really awesome ID cards.


And by awesome, I mean that the cards feature one of the worst pictures ever taken, but they do have Greek all over them so I'm still excited.  Check out my library card.


Some things never change.


No comments:

Post a Comment